We have the following job vacancies available:
- FRAME Re-use Projects Manager
Job Title: FRAME Re-use Projects Manager
Responsible to: Chief Officer
Location: Various sites but based at Merlin’s Bridge, Pembrokeshire
Salary: £ 24, 000 (pro rata)
Hours of work: 37.5 hours
4-month Fixed Term Funded Contract
The scope of work for the role ranges includes:
• Developing, implementing, and managing a Volunteer Recognition Programme to support and manage re-use volunteers for re-use projects at Pembrokeshire FRAME;
• Managing current and implementing newly developed re-use projects at FRAME sites including a new Re-upholstery project.
• Managing a small team including a Re-use Volunteer Co-ordinator and re-use project support workers.
• Developing and promoting a calendar of annual sustainable events at the Green Shed including virtual events and video conferencing facilitation.
• Co-ordinating the promotion, booking and running of meetings and activities in the Green Room – conference, meeting, and space facility.
• Develop and Manage FRAME’s new mascot project, develop links with schools and design and deliver FRAME’s mascot school education programme.
• The position may involve some evening and weekend work
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a programme of Green Shed events/activities (linked with all of FRAME’s sites) aimed towards promoting re-use and environmental sustainability and encouraging behavioural change amongst the local community, schools, volunteers, FRAME participants and visitors to Pembrokeshire FRAME i.e. Go Green Week, Bike Awareness Week, World
Ocean’s Day, Earth Day, Fairtrade Fortnight, Energy Saving Week, Community Re-Use, Toy Swap, Clothes Swap events etc. In response to Covid 19 restrictions, design, develop and deliver virtual events to include in the calendar.
• Network with sustainable groups, representatives and book and co-ordinate potential speakers to present or be involved in sustainable focused green room events. and help ensure volunteers, participants, and the local community are engaged in FRAME’s environmental agenda e.g. re-use, recycling, and sustainable food initiatives. (Due to Covid 19 some of these events will be virtual).
• Maintain the Green Room booking diary, co-ordinate and manage bookings and events. Be the point of contact for Green Room enquiries and be available to support event organisers with technical and catering enquiries etc during their event.
• Manage re-use projects at Merlin’s Bridge and Pembroke Dock. Adhere to and follow appropriate legislation, be the first point of contact for project related enquiries and be mindful of the needs and requirements of project partners. Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with Covid 19 social distancing and health and safety regulations.
• Encourage volunteers and participants to work together to re-use and reduce waste and to encourage sustainable behaviours.
• Develop and maintain a Volunteer recognition and management programme. recruit, train and manage volunteers to help plan and deliver re-use projects.
• Support volunteers to develop and run their own small events such as ‘Swaps’ and workshops and other re-use and recycling initiatives as well as awareness-raising through events, media work and actions.
• Plan, write and produce accessible and well-designed awareness raising materials including action guides, newsletters, directories, email updates, social media and website pages which communicate sustainability and re-use in an accessible and engaging way.
• Monitor and Evaluate all projects and support the Development Manager with the preparation of statistics and reports. Assist with the development and gathering of baseline evidence to help inform fundraising bids, promotional activity e.g. questionnaires, waste, and recycling audits, etc.
In addition, the successful applicant will be expected:
• To assist in other duties and activities which support The Green Shed Re-users funded project.
• To maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers and clients are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
• To work within the relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
• To participate in the Appraisal Process.
• To actively support equality and diversity policies of Pembrokeshire FRAME.
• To attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate development.
• To work within the Health and Safety at Work Act, the postholder has a legal duty to take reasonable care for Health and Safety both for themselves and others who may be affected by their actions.
• To undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
Potential for contract to be extended and role to become permanent subject to funding
Last Updated 17th May 2021